At King’s House School we believe that each child is unique and has a talent. At various times throughout their school careers children may need additional support in order to fulfil their potential.
Where appropriate, our Learning Development Team liaises closely with teachers, parents and external professionals to:
- Ensure early identification of additional support
- Plan appropriate intervention.
Children may require help with:
- English or Maths
- Working memory
- Social skills
- Planning and organisation
- Study and revision skills
- Sensory and physical skills
We provide support in a variety of ways:
- Individual or small group sessions before school
- Support in class
- Informal meetings
All teachers receive professional development to:
- Raise awareness of children’s needs
- Ensure that support materials are available in class
Additional support is monitored and reviewed to ensure that we deliver effective provision as and when it is needed.
You can view our Learning Support policy here